Sunday, November 24, 2013

Life is too Important to be taken seriously

Life is too important to be taken seriously.
I came across this quote four years ago. I’ve lived by it ever since, all while 
dodging attacks about how “stupid” it is. Four years ago for most of most of my friends and I, we were at a cross roads in our lives. 
Freshman year in high school. You have the chance to reinvent yourself, grow into the person you 
always dreamed you would be. Except things happen that you don’t plan. Life. 
Many of the people we grew up with have changed to fit in with the “in” crowd.
 Those of us who didn’t change, often found ourselves hanging out alone. 
Influence. It’s a hell of a depressant. Sure, you may feel good at the moment,
 but when it wears off, the real problems are still there. 
You may feel good feeling accepted but,
 you will feel better if you stay true to who you are. 
In five years, no one will remember what you wore, and no one will care who 
you hung out with in high school or who you didn’t. 
Keep your eyes forward, because no one on the sidelines will ever matter, 
unless they’re cheering for you.
 I was thinking about this quote the other day, and why it means so much to me.
 I thought of my nanny.
 She enjoyed everyday of her life, but never took it too seriously. 
She always told me to find what I love, and go after it.
 She advised me not to get sidetracked by anything as silly as gossip 
or a so called “bad-day.”
People die  everyday. Some have died, but still roam the Earth. 
Roam the Earth, waiting for their physical bodies to be
 taken to the place we all go next. That is, if such a place exists. 
The moment we start taking all the little things too seriously, is when we go. 
There’s too much bad
 happening in this life to let every little obstacle break you. 
You have to pick and choose your breaking points. If you don’t,
 this life will drown you. 
When given the choice, because at some point, we all are, 
I hope you choose life.
Even if it kills you, you must live. 
Life is too important to be taken seriously. 

No comments:

Post a Comment